Abseiling & Empress Falls Canyon
A fantastic abseiling and canyon day for beginners. It’s not hard to see why this trip is so popular!
Learn the fundamentals of abseiling in the morning at our exclusive North Boyce abseiling site. Abseils range in height from 2.5 m to 25 m. Leap and bound down the wall on our overhanging abseils. You get to try lots of abseils as you hone your technique and gain confidence.
After a delicious picnic lunch you put your newly acquired skills to use in the exciting and action packed Empress Falls Canyon. Scrambling, wading, swimming and jumping leads to a thrilling climax – an amazing 30m abseil straight down a pounding waterfall. The walk out is short and steep, 25 minutes up the stairs and you’re back at the carpark.
All BMAC full day participants receive a generous picnic lunch, provided by our local deli. Select one of their delicious, gourmet sandwich options when you book your trip. Altitude Deli can cater to most dietary requirements with notice, so please let us know of your needs as soon as possible.
Want to see what’s on the menu? Check out our seasonal selection here.
We will provide you with a backpack, wetsuit, waterproof bag, helmet, harness, carabiners and abseil descender. We also cover your National Parks and Wildlife Service park entry fee. While we encourage all participants to bring their own weather-appropriate clothing (see below), we have spare warm clothing and rain jackets if needed.
Things to bring
As a general rule we recommend:
- Comfortable clothes suited to the weather
- Sneakers / sandshoes and woollen socks to wear in the canyon. These will get wet!
- Swimming costume to wear under your wetsuit
- Water bottle – at least 1.5 litres
- Personal medication (Ventolin/EpiPen etc.)
We believe our canyoning adventures are heaps of fun, and we want to ensure you have the best experience possible in the remote regions we explore. It’s important to us that you have the fitness and skills to enjoy your time with us so please read on:
- Fitness: Participants are required to have a good level of fitness. There is some bushwalking during the day, including some steep uphill sections. All participants are required to carry a backpack weighing up to 10kg throughout the day.
- Abseiling: Abseiling experience is not essential, as we will teach these skills throughout the day.
- Mobility: Participants are required to have good mobility as we will be moving through uneven terrain in a remote environment.
- Swimming: This canyon involves swimming. If you have any concerns about your swimming ability, please contact our office.
If you have any questions or concerns, we’d be delighted to talk with you.
$250 per person incl GST.
Private group departures available.
We’ll run this adventure on any day for 2 or more (as long as we aren’t booked out), so let us know a date that suits you. Travelling on your own? We’ll happily join you up with a group that is already departing.
Contact us to Book Now